My first week back at school. For those of you who missed it, DB and I have decided to play role-swap. He’s going to be a stay-at-home dad, I’m going back to school to finish my teaching certification and getting a job.
I’m pretty excited to tell people I have a househusband.
Anyway, this has (clearly) been extremely stressful to me. Not because I’m not stoked, but because five years of chasing small people and using many monosyllabic words has shaken my faith in my ability to talk to actual adults. Also, five years of pandering to my introversion by not leaving the house if I don’t feel like it has had an interesting affect on my ability to leave the house when I actually have to.
Hm. Probably makes you wonder why I chose teaching, don’t it? 😉
Anyway, in light of all this, DB has been a darling soul and my pillar of strength and courage. I would take him to class like a blankie if he weren’t so darned busy chasing small people. In lieu of that, he wrote me a list, a list I share with you today, completely unedited (but probably editorialized on). Because my husband is the bomb.
TOP 10 REASONS CAROLYNN WILL SUCCEED
10. Because I love you and married you – scientifically proven.
9. You know about The Doctor. (Does this mean if I ask nice, he’ll let me borrow the sonic screwdriver to shrink obnoxious students?)
8. Carolynn ≠ failure
7. DB will mke sure you get all the materials you need. (This means he’s essentially contracted to buy me lots and lots of markers. That the kids aren’t allowed to use. Hee.)
6. Your fashion will be the envy of all the girls.
5. You’re bigger than them. (“Them” being junior high kids, clearly.)
4. You frikken passed BYU’s grade curve with honors!
3. The boys will have crushes on you – keeps them tame. (I’m not convinced of this, either the fact that they’ll have crushes or the fact that it’ll keep ’em tame. Just sayin’.)
2. Your love of learning will ensure you graduate.
1. You love to teach.
So ends the list of my darling manperson. Every day he does a little more to make sure I adore him, and I swear he’s the only reason I didn’t actually come home and hide from my first day of classes.